18 June 2012

Western States 100 - a quick intro



On 23-24th June I am running 100 miles non-stop through the Sierra Nevada mountains in California, for fun, for the challenge and to raise money for the charity that I support. This is a legendary race, the Western States 100, about which there is chapter and verse here… www.ws100.com. This is a tough event and will push me to my limits in every conceivable way. It marks the culmination of 3 and a half years of running, and the end of a fantastic journey for me.

I am hugely excited by the event, and by all the interest that friends, family and colleagues have expressed, and I will hope I can do justice to all the great support I have had. I will post my reports here after the event, but you can participate by following the event live if you wish, on www.ws100.com, and you can track my progress – runner 316 – on this site http://www.ultralive.net/ws100/webcast.php

And please help to motivate me, and to do some good in the world, by helping me support Deafness Research, a charity to which I have a long term commitment. You find out more, and do your bit to support me here… https://www.justgiving.com/JulianPieters
 
Wish me luck…



No comments:

Post a Comment